Tate Wilkins

Tate Wilkins made two first-half touchdowns on Friday night when Duncan finished the regular season at home against Southeast and tried to secure their postseason positioning.

Going for a playoff position, the Demons ran over the Southeast Spartans 42-9 on Friday night.

Duncan took the ball down the field in the first drive using a mixed offensive play calling with passing and rushing the ball.

The big play to send Duncan into scoring position came when Tate Wilkins hit Tyson Walker for 28-yards. A few plays later, Wilkins ran the ball in from 11-yards to lead 7-0 with 6:46 left in the first quarter.

A few minutes later, Wilkins made the second score of the game for the Demons, this time scoring from 8-yards out to lead 14-0 before Southeast got a defensive score.

The safety was called after an intentional grounding call was made on Wilkins in the end zone to give Duncan the 14-2 lead and give the ball back to the Spartans.

Getting the ball back on a punt, the Demons didn’t take long for another score as Desmond Pettit ran the ball in from 64-yards for the third score of the game for the Demons with 10:17 left in the second quarter.

Starting the second half after a three-and-out on defense, the Demons got the passing game going for the fourth touchdown as Kenny Garland hit Tyson Walker for 19-yards and put the score up 28-2.

A few minutes later, Garland got in the end zone with a 4-yard rushing touchdown to take the 35-2 lead.

Jace Loucks caused a fumble for the Demons in the third quarter in the end zone, which put the score at 42-2. The running game took over for the fourth quarter to secure the victory.

With 2:21 left in the game, Southeast got their first offensive touchdown of the game for their team with a passing touchdown before Duncan ran the clock out, winning 42-9 over the Spartans.

Duncan’s offense saw them rush for 235-yards and pass for 128-yards with Desmond Pettit having 22 rushes for 180-yards and one score.

Wilkins, who had two touchdowns rushing with eight carries for 34-yards, passed 9-for-18 for 112-yards while Garland went 2-for-3 passing with 16-yards and one score.

Duncan, now 4-3 in the season, finished with a district record of 4-1 to set up as the number three seed as MacArthur beat Ardmore in a game that also took place on Friday evening.

The Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association will have the bracket released at 2 p.m. Sunday. More information on all the pairings in Stephens County will appear in the Tuesday edition of The Duncan Banner.

The time and date for Duncan’s next game will release once both schools agree to a certain time.

Trending Video

Recommended for you