Downtown Duncan’s annual car and motorcycle show Cruisin’ the Chisholm Trail had another successful year, presenting over 70 trophies and over $1,000 in prizes throughout to participants throughout the event.
"Best in Show" winner was Jack Broussard’s 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air. He was given $500 for Best in Show, as well as a trophy. He received another trophy for Longest Distance Traveled; he and his wife commuted from the gulf shore of Louisiana to attend.
The C3 Car Club of Lawton entered roughly 15 vehicles and was presented the "Best Club Participation" award.
“We had a great two days,” said Jeff Bruehl, Main Street Duncan Car Show chairperson, “and the turnout was good. Everyone seemed to have fun.”
Thankful Gyspy, a downtown boutique once known as LaVana’s, won "Best Window Display." Steve Earnhart and the Empire Fire Department volunteered their time at the burnout contest, keeping spectators and participants safe while Jimmy Akers, of J&K Productions, emceed. The burnout contest was complete this year with Brian Hibbard as DJ, and the winner receiving four tires courtesy of Eastside Tire &Muffler.
“I’m grateful for the turnout for the 11th annual show, considering we had to reschedule due to terrible weather the weekend prior,” said Destiny Ahlfenger, Main Street Duncan executive director. “And I’m honored to work with such dedicated volunteers that are already looking forward to the 12th annual show in 2019. We couldn’t continue to grow this show without a committee that is so invested in the success of Cruisin’ the Chisholm Trail.”
Main Street Duncan Inc. annually hosts the Cruisin’ the Chisholm Trail car and motorcycle show the third weekend in April, set for April 19-20 next year. The fundraising event allows the program to continue to offer grants to downtown Duncan merchants, such as the Micro-Signage grant and the new Vibrancy Grant.
The committee will continue to host car cruises throughout the year. The next cruise will be from 6 to 10 p.m. June 22. Cost is $10. The full list of the 11th annual Cruisin’ the Chisholm Trail car and motorcycle show winners is listed below and is on the Main Street Duncan website, mainstreetduncan.net/car-show.html.
Total List of winners includes:
CAR AND TRUCK CLASSES
• BEST IN SHOW: Jack Broussard ('57 Bel Air)
• CLASSIC CAR ('36-'48), sponsored by Jeanne Kay Designs — 2nd: Ronny Morgan ('39 Chevy), 1st: Travis Wickerd ('47 Ford)
• CHROME & FIN ('49-'60), sponsored by Company Men Bar & Lounge — 2nd: GW Mitchell ('51 Buick), 1st: Jim McCullough ('58 Impala)
• ORIGINAL CAR ('82-UP), sponsored by The Hive — 2nd: Tim Sternberg ('18 Ford Mustang) 1st: Vance Taff ('18 Dodge Demon)
• MODIFIED CAR ('61-'81), sponsored by Farmers Insurance Jamie Slate — 2nd: Vance Wilcox (Catalina), 1st: Mick Parkenson ('61 Ford)
• MUSCLE CAR ('61-'72), sponsored by Timmins Service Station — 2nd: Jay Johnson ('69 Mustang), 1st: Mary Hutton ('69 Camaro)
• ORIGINAL CAR ('61-'81), sponsored by Jonah Que Photography — 2nd: Eric Armstrong ('66 T-bird), 1st: Tony Haynie ('69 Camaro)
• MODIFIED CAR ('82-UP), sponsored by Hunt Motor Co. — 2nd: Korrina Banks ('11 Charger), 1st: Vance Taff ('15 Pontiac Trans AM)
• MODERN MUSCLE ('98-UP), sponsored by Jayna Vaughn, CPA — 2nd: Andy Geisler ('13 Cadillac CTSV), 1st: Kellin Banks ('10 Dodge Challenger)
• STREET ROD (PRE '49), sponsored by Combest Financial Services — 2nd: Jim Allen (Pontiac), 1st: Curtis Hutton (Model T)
• TRI-FIVE, sponsored by Flat Cam Car Club — 2nd: Max and Barbara Morgan ('57 Chevy), 1st: Jack Broussard ('57 Bel Air)
• CORVETTE, sponsored by Michelle Johnson — 2nd: Billy and Donna Varnell ('15 z 06 convertible), 1st: Paul Thomas ('15 grand sport)
• CLASSIC TRUCK ('36-'46), sponsored by Sumac Trading Co. — 2nd: Lanny Landram, 1st: Steve Hovis
• ORIGINAL TRUCK ('47-'66), sponsored by Prairie Rose Boutique — 2nd: Gail Sanner ('55 Chevy), 1st: Mike Grantham ('53 Chevy)
• ORIGINAL TRUCK ('67-'87), sponsored by The Weber Family — 2nd: Charlie Hays (Ranchero), 1st: Jim McCullough ('84 Chevy)
• ORIGINAL TRUCK ('88-UP), sponsored by Edward Jones — 1st: Ryan Thomas
• MODIFIED TRUCK ('47-'66), sponsored by Tri-County Towing — 2nd: Don McKinney ('55 Chevy Pickup), 1st: Addison and Jessica Augusta ('56 Ford)
• MODIFIED TRUCK ('67-'87), sponsored by Spyked Salon — 2nd: DeWayne Dehart, 1st: Jody Morgan ('80 Chevy stepside)
• MODIFIED TRUCK ('88-UP), sponsored by Glover Paint and Body — 2nd: Bryan Wagner ('03 Chevy Silverado), 1st: Michael Coleman ('13 Silverado)
• MINI TRUCK, sponsored by Glover Paint & Body — 2nd: Brett Willmon ('94 GMC), 1st: Dan Eberhart ('59 Ford)
• TUNER , sponsored by Kimberley’s Made in America — 2nd: Aaron Lathrom ('13 Fiat), 1st: John Tidwell ('01 VW Jetta)
• LOW RIDER, sponsored by Touchdown Loans — 2nd: David Durham ('64 Impala), 1st: Adam Maldonado ('93 Chevy)
• RAT ROD, sponsored by Old 81 Tattoo — 2nd: Travis Gay, 1st: Clifford Slawson
• SPECIAL INTEREST (open category), sponsored by YS Asset management — 2nd: Harold Green (#120), 1st: Randy and Janet Shirley (VW Bus)
• JUST FOR FUN, sponsored by First bank and Trust — 2nd: Maine Ross ('15 Chevy), 1st: Bob Weber ('08 BMW)
• UNDER CONSTRUCTION, sponsored by Flat Cam Car Club — 2nd: Russell Hoodenpyle, 1st: Chris Almon ('55 Chevy)
• STOCK, sponsored by First Bank & Trust — 2nd: Mickey Broden ('10 Harley), 1st: Andy Geisler ('65 Cushman silver Eagle)
• CHOPPER/BOBBER, sponsored by Duncan Power — 2nd: Frank Leptinsky, 1st: Darren Nelson
• TRIKE, sponsored by First bank & Trust — 2nd: Eddie Thompson ('08 Harley), 1st: Chris Zimmerman ('12 HD Glide)
• SPORT BIKE, sponsored by Duncan Power — Will Buckholt’s 2nd: '06 Kawasaki 2x14R and 1st: '18 Street Glide Special
• CITY OF DUNCAN PICK, sponsored by Main Street Duncan — #262
• BEST PAINT, sponsored by DNS Paint & Body — Mick Parkenson ('61 Ford)
• BEST ENGINE, sponsored by Eastside Tire & Muffler and Duncan Power — Curtis Hutton (Model T)
• BEST INTERIOR, sponsored by Mr. Upholstery — Jay Johnson ('69 Mustang)
• LONGEST DISTANCE TRAVELED, sponsored by First Bank & Trust — Jack Broussard ('57 Bel Air)
• BEST CLUB PARTICIPANTS, sponsored by Arvest Bank — C3 Car Club of Lawton