As the June 26 Stephens County Primary for Commissioner of District No. 1 approaches, one of the Republican candidates that is running is quite known locally. Duncan native Kreg Murphree, former owner of Murph’s Guns, is one of four Republican candidates voters will see on the ballot on Tuesday.
The first annual Boots and Pearls Gala, benefiting the American Cancer Society, raised over $15,000 Friday night at the Duncan Golf and Tennis Club.
The Oklahoma House of Representatives spent the majority of Tuesday advocating for victims. Rep. Scott Biggs, (R-District 51, Oklahoma) had three major bills including “Marcy’s Law”, also known as HJR 1002, which passed with a 90-5 and had it’s first read on the Oklahoma Senate Floor on Wednesday.
With the first week of the 56th Legislation Session finished, Rep. Scott Biggs got House Bill 1005 passed through committee, and it will be considered on the floor on Monday morning.
Rep. Scott Biggs has filed over 40 bills, but one of the first that he filed for the 2017 Legislative Session is an act relating to crimes and punishments for rape in the first or second degree.
A bill authored for the 2017 legislative session may help curb increased seismic activity in Oklahoma while offering a new revenue stream for the state.
Voter fraud and protection have been a hot topic of conversation as of late, and a Grady County state representative has set out to solve any potential issues in Oklahoma.
This Week's Circulars
ADA [ndash] Graveside services for J. D. Norman, 93, of Ada are 10 a.m. Saturday at Rosedale Cemetery, Rev. Steve Simpson will officiate. Mr. Norman died Saturday, Nov. 14, 2020, at a local hospital. He was born Nov. 10, 1927, in Pontotoc to Charles Ed and Stella May Cravatt Norman. His moth…
ADA [ndash] Lura F. Bosteder, 93, of Ada, Oklahoma passed away Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2020, in Ada. Lura was born Sep. 18, 1927, in Ada, Oklahoma to Robert E. and Edna Irene (Moss) Tilley. She grew up in Walnut Grove, and attended and graduated from Vanoss Public Schools in 1945. Upon graduatio…
DAVIS [ndash] Graveside services for Danny K. Nelson, 74, of Davis, formerly of Ada are 10 a.m. Friday at Rosedale Cemetery. Mr. Nelson died Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2020, at his home. He was born July 2, 1946, in Ada to Homer and Dollie Cook Nelson. He graduated from Ada High School. He married N…
ADA [ndash] Graveside services for Donna Ruth (Hill) Long, 72, of Ada are 2 p.m. Thursday at Rosedale Cemetery, Bro. Wayne Graves will officiate. Mrs. Long died Friday, Nov. 27, 2020, at a local hospital. She was born Feb. 22, 1948, in Ada to Floyd and Opal Cheek Hill. She married John Norma…
- DRH President: ‘The hospital is in trouble’; Council hears update from medical field, vice mayor voices disagreement on mask mandate
- Area softball honors released; Velma-Alma leads list
- OSDH: COVID-19 active case count decreases in Stephens County
- Outlaws draw defending state champions in quarterfinals
- Marlow runners take home All-Area runner of year awards
- Superintendent: DPS unable to provide in-school quarantine
- OSDH: Stephens County reports 17th COVID-19 related death
- OSDH: Stephens County continues breaking record of active COVID-19 cases
- Marlow Council approves BIA partnership
- OSDH: State adds 54 COVID-19 deaths, including one from Stephens County