OSDH COVID numbers as of Nov. 15

Coronavirus continued its rampage through Oklahoma on Sunday with state health officials reporting an almost 10% increase in active cases, The Associated Press reported.

As of Sunday, Nov. 15, Oklahoma reported 154,128 confirmed cases, of which 1,528 have died and 124,793 have recovered, leaving 27,807 active.

Twelve new deaths were reported Sunday, which is an 0.8% increase day over day. Confirmed cases increased by 2.6% or 3,923, while recoveries increased by 1.2% or 1,460 and active cases increased by 9.7% or 2,451 day over day.

Oklahoma COVID-19 hospitalizations are down by 48 beds to 1,199 cases, but 12 new COVID-19 deaths lifted the state’s coronavirus death toll to 1,528.

In Stephens County, two more have succumbed to the virus, bringing the area’s death toll to 12 as of Sunday. Confirmed cases hit 1,149, and with 857 recoveries, that leaves 280 active cases in the area.

Of those cases, Duncan has seen 751 confirmed, of which seven have died and 574 have recovered, leaving 170 active cases in the city.

Marlow, in northern Stephens County, has had 217 total cases, of which one has died and 143 have recovered, leaving 73 active cases in the city.

Comanche has had 137 confirmed cases, of which three have died and 108 have recovered, leaving 28 active in the city.

Velma has had 29 cases, of which one has died and 24 have recovered, leaving four active cases.

Loco has had nine confirmed cases and six recoveries, leaving three in the area.

That leaves two active cases in Stephens County in the “other” category, which includes towns in more rural parts of Oklahoma.

On the national level, Johns Hopkins reported the U.S. confirmed count topped 10,903,890, as of Saturday, which is up by 166,555 or 1.6% day over day. Deaths for the nation increased by 1,266 or 0.5% day to bring the total to 245,598 so far. Recoveries saw a boost, topping at 4,148,444 recovered so far with 53,298 or 1.3% added day over day. A total of 6,509,848 active cases remain which is an increase of 111,991 or 1.8% day over day.

For most people, the coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and a cough that clear up in two to three weeks. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia, and death.

For more information, visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov.

Trending Video

Recommended for you