Duncan and Marlow, according to COVID-19 data from the State, lead Stephens County in the number of active COVID-19 cases as of Monday.
According to Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) statistics released Monday, Nov. 16, Stephens County has had a total of 1,174 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 883 recoveries and 12 deaths, leaving a total of 279 active cases in the area.
Stats show Duncan has had 765 of those confirmed COVID-19 cases and 588 recoveries, with seven deaths, which leaves 170 active cases in the city.
Comanche has had 140 confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which three have died and 115 have recovered, leaving 22 active cases.
Marlow, however, has had 225 confirmed cases of COVID-19, of which one has died and 148 have recovered, leaving 76 active.
Velma has reported 29 confirmed cases, of which one has died and 24 have recovered, leaving four active cases.
Loco has had nine cases, of which six have recovered, leaving three active cases.
On the state level, there have been 156,857 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Oklahoma, with 10 additional deaths identified to report. Deaths reported and their counties include:
• One in Caddo County, one male in the 65 and older age group.
• One in Comanche County, one female in the 65 or older age group.
• One in Delaware County, one male in the 65 or older age group.
• One in Kiowa County, one female in the 50-64 age group.
• One in Lincoln County, one male in the 65 or older age group.
• One in Oklahoma County, one female in the 50-64 age group.
• One in Osage County, one male in the 65 or older age group.
• Three in Tulsa County, two females in the 65 or older age group, and one male in the 50-64 age group.
There are 1,538 total deaths in the state.
The same data released Monday, Nov. 16, indicates there has been 126,162 recoveries in the state and 29,157 of the total cases remain active.
Confirmed cases increased by 2,729 or 1.8% day over day while active cases increased by 1,350 or 4.9% day over day and recoveries increased by 1,369 or 1.1% day over day.
On the national level, Johns Hopkins reported as of Sunday, Nov. 15, the country has had 11,036,935 confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 246,214 have died and 4,174,884 have recovered, leaving a total of 6,615,837 active cases. Day over day, confirmed cases increased by 133,045 or 1.2% while recoveries increased by 26,440 or 0.6% and active cases increased by 105,989 or 1.6%.
For more information, visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov.