The Fourth Annual Tanner Shorter Memorial Car Show showcased vehicles on June 27 in Fuqua Park. In 2017, Tanner Shorter, an Empire alumni and volunteer firefighter, lost his life trying to save a drowning dog. Since his passing, Shorter's family and friends banded together to honor his life through hosting an annual car show to involve as many as they can. Each year, the funds raised at the Tanner Shorter Memorial Car Show go toward providing an Empire senior with a scholarship fund, and one year the funds were raised for a Fox senior that had lost her mom. This year's recipient is a family from Comanche that has recently lost their daughter in a tragic accident. Shorter and his wife personally knew and were friends with the family. To alleviate some of the finances this girl's family will face in the future, all of the proceeds raised at this year's car show will be donated to them. Duncan resident Vance Wilcox was awarded 'Best of Show' with his 1962 Pontiac Catalina.
This Week's Circulars
ADA [ndash] Services for Eulene Smith, 90, of Ada are at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Criswell Funeral Home Chapel. Chaplain Susan Ayres will officiate. Burial will follow at Rosedale Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Criswell Funeral Home. Mrs. Smith passed a…
TUTTLE [ndash] Sherry Lynn Roach, 78, of Tecumseh, passed away Thursday, July 2, 2020, in Tuttle. Services are pending at this time with Estes-Phillips Funeral Home in Ada. For up-to-date service information, please follow our Facebook page at Estes Phillips Funeral Home.
KINGSTON [ndash] Graveside services for Vicki Raye Looney, 56, of Kingston and formerly of Ada, are at 11 a.m. Monday at Highland Cemetery in Stonewall. The Rev. Buddy Baltimore will officiate. Ms. Looney passed away Tuesday, June 30, 2020, at an Ada nursing home. She was born Feb. 11, 1964,…
- Fourth of July activities planned in Stephens County
- Local Duncan teacher takes over Oklahoma Edvocates group
- June 30 Election: All the information you need
- Sheriff McKinney retains seat over Cris Lang
- Back to our roots: Duncan Banner moving back to Main Street
- Remembering No. 76’s smile and determination; Classmates use vigil to honor fallen student
- OSDH: Stephens County shows 10 active cases of COVID-19
- Stephens County up to 16 active cases
- Churchman to face off with Estes for District 2 Commissioner seat
- Deighan to present bidding policy in July meeting