The Duncan Banner staff is working to compile a list of school closures and canceled events, restaurants or special services available to those in need as a result the current and upcoming weather conditions. If you have a school closure, canceled an event or know of one that has been canceled or are aware of programs available to help those in need, please drop a comment below so we can keep this rolling list updated as the week progresses.
School virtual days and closures, as well as event cancellations and special services available in Stephens County include (last updated Feb. 17, 2021):
• All Duncan Public Schools will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 17 &18th, due to the forecast of inclement weather. All school-related activities are canceled for both days. These will not be virtual/remote days.
• All Bray-Doyle Public School classes will be virtual Snow Days/Distance Learning for Feb. 17, Feb. 18 and Feb. 19 and will resume in person learning on Monday, Feb. 22
• Velma-Alma Public Schools will have no school or virtual days on Thursday Feb. 18 or Friday Feb. 19.
• Empire Public Schools will be having another virtual day tomorrow, Thursday Feb. 18. A reminder Friday Feb. 19 will still be a scheduled virtual day.
• Cameron University will close its Lawton and Duncan campuses on Thursday Feb. 18, 2021. All offices are closed and instruction in all course formats has been cancelled. Each faculty member will inform students in each class about specific alternative arrangements.
• Central High Public Schools will be closed tomorrow, February 18 due to weather. No virtual instruction.
To have your information included, call 580-255-5354 and ask for the newsroom, email to email@example.com or reach out to The Duncan Banner on Facebook.