The Duncan Banner staff is working to compile a list of school closures and canceled events, restaurants or special services available to those in need as a result the current and upcoming weather conditions. If you have a school closure, canceled an event or know of one that has been canceled or are aware of programs available to help those in need, please drop a comment below so we can keep this rolling list updated as the week progresses.
School virtual days and closures, as well as event cancellations and special services available in Stephens County include (last updated Feb. 16, 2021):
• All Duncan Public Schools will be closed on Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 17 &18th, due to the forecast of inclement weather. All school-related activities are canceled for both days. These will not be virtual/remote days.
• All Central High School classes will be Virtual Instruction for Feb. 17.
• All Bray-Doyle Public School classes will be virtual Snow Days/Distance Learning for Feb. 17.
• Cameron University in Lawton and Duncan will close both campuses on Feb. 17 with all offices closed and instruction in all course formats have been canceled.
• Velma-Alma Public Schools will continue with virtual instruction on Wednesday Feb. 17.
•Empire Public Schools will be having a virtual day on Wednesday Feb. 17. Teachers will be in touch to give assignments.
To have your information included, call 580-255-5354 and ask for the newsroom, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to The Duncan Banner on Facebook.