Chisholm Trail Arts Council’s Arts Explosion (AE) has provided children of all ages the opportunity to have hands on art activities since 1991.
This year, the planning committee’s goal was to ensure that CTAC could provide some sort of class to students. However, they felt that it was in the best interest of everyone to drastically reduce the number of students attending.
At this time, all classes are full for Arts Explosion. While CTAC looks forward to hosting this year’s Arts Explosion, they know many students won’t be able to attend this year.
Open enrollment began in March. Anticipating the lower enrollment numbers for Arts Explosion, CTAC felt it was in the best interest to greatly reduce the number of students in attendance this year. It was a tough decision to have to cut back, but one CTAC felt this was the best to ensure “best practices” for social distancing.
Below are the committee requirements for Arts Explosion 2020:
1. July 13- 17, 2020
2. Class times will remain as originally planned
3. Classroom is limited to only one room held at the Stephens County Fairgrounds
4. No class will exceed 18 students
5. Registration is based on first come first serve with complete registration
6. Students will be encouraged to wear a mask
7. Teachers are recommended to wear masks or be at least 6 feet away while giving instruction
8. Students will have assigned seating
9. Students will be seated approximately 6 feet apart
10. Sanitation stations will be provided
11. There will not be a family reception at the end of the week
12. Parents will be reminded not to bring children if they have been sick, have/had a fever, or been in contact with anyone that has been tested positive for COVID.
Arts Explosion is made possible through grants from the Oklahoma Arts Council, National Endowment for the Arts and McCasland Foundation. Banc First Duncan also sponsors Arts Explosion.
For more information, contact Chisholm Trail Arts Council at 580-252-4160.