Many nonprofit organization improve the lives of people in their community each and everyday all around the world.
This remains true in Southern Oklahoma and on Thursday, Sept. 10, communities can come together during the 5th annual Texoma Gives in an effort to give back to these entities.
According to a recent release, Texoma Gives is a 16-hour online giving day event which shines a spotlight on almost two dozen nonprofit organizations in Comanche, Stephens and Cotton counties, among other communities in across Texoma.
The Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation (WFAC) will host the event for area nonprofits on both sides of the Red River to raise much needed funding.
Leslie Schaffner, Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation President said, “With COVID-19 forcing many organizations to cancel their spring, summer, and now fall fundraising events, many organizations are relying on Texoma Gives more than ever.”
Through Texoma Gives, anyone can donate to any of their favorite charities.
Although early giving is underway, the Texoma Gives event begins at 6 a.m. and goes through 10 p.m. on Sept. 10.
How it works:
• Those interested nonprofits in the WFAC Foundation’s 24-county service area can sign up to participate.
• The infrastructure is provided for the participants to share information about their organization, tell their stories, and define their needs.
• Each organization is responsible for reaching out to existing donors and cultivating new ones who have an interest in their work.
• Using a common website often helps introduce organizations to donors they may have never reached before.
When searching the Texoma Gives website, visitors can search organizations by name, by location or by cause.
With a minimum donation amount of $10, donations need to be made to the organization via credit card.
Organizations from Stephens County involved in Texoma Gives include:
• Duncan: Beautiful Day Foundation, Charis Pregnancy Center, Chisholm Trail Heritage Center, Duncan Area Literacy Council, Foreman Prairie House, Gabriel’s House, One True Light, and Stephens County Humane Society.
• Marlow: South Central Oklahoma Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
• Comanche: Christian Helping Hands of Comanche.
For more information on Texoma Gives, visit www.texomagives.org or contact the Wichita Falls Area Community Foundation at 940-766-0829.