The UKB John Hair Cultural Center & Museum features a variety of information about the tribe's history, as well as mannequins wearing traditional Cherokee clothing.
As featured on
TAHLEQUAH, Oklahoma – Fashion is always changing and evolving, as it has for centuries among Indigenous people whose contact with European settlers drastically altered not only their way of life, but their clothing as well.
This Week's Circulars
ADA [ndash] Johnnye Sue Hudson, 84, of Ada, Oklahoma, passed away Friday, April 9, 2021, in Ada. Arrangements are pending with Estes-Phillips Funeral Home. For up-to-date service information, please follow us on Facebook at Estes Phillips Funeral Home.
WAYNE [ndash] Clarence Green Jr., 76, of Wayne, Oklahoma passed away Thursday, April 8, 2021, in Wayne. Arrangements are pending at this time with Estes-Phillips Funeral Home. For up-to-date service information, please follow us on Facebook at Estes Phillips Funeral Home.
- April 6, 2021 Election Results
- Two arrested for trafficking in over 200 grams of methamphetamine
- One arrested, accused of intent to distribute
- Armstrong takes Duncan mayoral position; Velma, Empire elections wrap up
- McGirt decision changes outcomes in some Stephens County cases
- Class of 2021 graduation location changed for DHS
- Updated: Armstrong takes Duncan mayoral position
- DPS talks graduation for Class of 2021
- OSDH: Stephens County continues to decrease in active COVID-19 cases
- Bill requires Oklahoma schools to administer federal naturalization test