The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
As featured on
As the big engines on the B-29 "Doc" roared to life Wednesday morning at Terre Haute Regional Airport, Jan Manuel could feel what her father must have experienced while serving as a co-pilot of the same type of bomber during World War II.
This Week's Circulars
ADA [ndash] Phyllis "Ruth" Huckeby, 79, of Ada, Oklahoma passed away Sunday, July 25, 2021, in Ada. Arrangements are pending with Estes-Phillips Funeral Home. For up-to-date service information, please follow us on Facebook at Estes Phillips Funeral Home.
ADA [ndash] Samora Carlis, infant child of Rachel and Eric Carlis passed away Friday, July 23, 2021, in Ada, Oklahoma. Arrangements are pending with Estes-Phillips Funeral Home. For up-to-date service information please follow us on Facebook at Estes Phillips Funeral Home.
- Update: Sheriff confirms third subject apprehended after 'shootout'
- Damon learns ‘roughneck’ lifestyle from local Marlow man
- Three facing charges after Wednesday shooting and chase
- UPDATE: OSBI releases identity of subject in shooting involving law enforcement
- Two hospitalized in early morning Comanche County wreck
- Vigil supports family
- Nearly three dozen Oklahoma lawmakers sign letter expressing disappointment with OU
- Bain pieces together a standout freshman year at OC
- UPDATE: OSBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Duncan
- Column: Mostly Educational: In Oklahoma, The School is the Community