- Local News
Wrangle over state standards raises questions about qualifications
With a simple flourish of Gov. Mary Fallin’s pen last month, Common Core was no more. Taking shape in the void has been a pitched battle over who will control the educational standards that replace it.
- Mack Energy explores possibilities
- Duncan’s water rationing fines hit over $14,000
- Roggow to lead United Way campaign
- CPR, firefighter training offered in Velma
- Wrangle over state standards raises questions about qualifications
Why Taco Bell is turning its health menu into a muscle menu
Like it or not, the paleo diet fad has now gone mainstream.
This week, Taco Bell announced that it will be beefing up its menu - quite literally - by launching a new menu centered around meat and protein.
- Emmy nominations: 8 snub shockers
- VIDEO: Pilot buys pizzas for storm-delayed travelers
- Why Taco Bell is turning its health menu into a muscle menu
Johnson has high hopes for next season at OU
Entering the University of Oklahoma’s women’s golf program, Amanda Johnson knew 2014 would be a decisive year.
- Sauers plays the underdog role at U.S. Senior Open
- Locals can’t stay close in U.S. Senior Open
- Johnson has high hopes for next season at OU
College graduates are sorting themselves into elite cities
Census data suggests that in 1980 a college graduate could expect to earn about 38 percent more than a worker with only a high-school diploma. Since then, the difference in their wages has only widened as our economy has shifted to bestow greater and greater rewards on the well-educated. By 1990, that number was about 57 percent. By 2011: 73 percent.
- How professors are using Facebook to teach
- New York to offer free lunch to all middle-school students
- College graduates are sorting themselves into elite cities
Territory impressive as well
For the next seven days, the world of golf will focus on Edmond, Oklahoma in general and Oak Tree National in particular as the revitalized club and course hosts the prestigious 2014 U.S. Senior Open.
Our division is not as dire as some insist
Am having an Independence Day hangover — and no, it’s not because of any libation I may have consumed during the holiday weekend.
- Territory impressive as well