DUNCAN — Funeral services for Marcella Royse Kovar, 90, of Duncan will be at the First United Methodist Church in Duncan Thursday May 1, 2014 at 10 a.m. Interment will follow at Greenwood Cemetery in Weatherford, OK under the direction of Don Grantham Funeral Home. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Wednesday April 30, 2014 from 5-7 p.m. in Duncan.
- Local News
Main Street Duncan logo.
Most Main Street Duncan members haven’t paid dues
The new executive director of Main Street Duncan has her work cut out for her.
The nonprofit organization, designed to pump life into Duncan’s historic down, has collected only 40 percent of the dues it is owed for the past year, according to records.
- Phillips leads creative process through Heritage Center art class
- Douglass Pool splash pad work underway
- Man steals, pawns company items
- Commissioners approve bridge project for 2019
- Most Main Street Duncan members haven’t paid dues
Daybreak Diner Vs. Jimmy's Egg: Who takes home the bacon?
Is Duncan big enough for two breakfast joints?
- Your chocolate addiction is only going to get more expensive
- 25 hidden secrets in "Weird Al's" "Word Crimes" video
- Daybreak Diner Vs. Jimmy's Egg: Who takes home the bacon?
Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
Wal-Mart Stores plans to cut prices more aggressively during this year's back-to-school season and will add inventory to its online store as the chain battles retailers for student spending.
- A quarter of the world's most educated people live in the 100 largest cities
- College graduates are sorting themselves into elite cities
- Wal-Mart to cut prices more aggressively in back-to-school push
Modern version of ‘Telephone’ hangs up on the truth
Couple weeks ago, I stopped at a popular morning spot to get a caffeine infusion and encountered a meeting of a chapter of the Coffee Club Geniuses of America.
Zamperini, the Olympian and POW, was a hero because of his faith
Louis Zamperini collected many accolades as an Olympic distance runner and brave bombardier who spent a month adrift at sea and two years in a Japanese prisoner of war camp. But faith and forgiveness are what truly distinguished him.
- Modern version of ‘Telephone’ hangs up on the truth