The Duncan Banner

December 20, 2012

Comanche police investigate possible home invasion, robbery

Megan Bristow
The Duncan Banner

COMANCHE — About 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14, a Comanche couple got the scare of a lifetime when an armed intruder invaded their home, beat them and robbed the house.

“We got a call at 7 p.m.,” Comanche Police Chief Mike Jones said. “It was a 9-1-1 call. People had been sitting in their house watching TV. The intruder came in and had a weapon and started beating up on them.”

Jones said they are still investigating but have limited information to use.

“All they could tell us is that he was a big man,” Jones said. “They could not tell what nationality he was, black or white. He had a ski mask on and had a coat on. Nothing was really ever said. There were no demands.”

The male victim eventually made it into the bedroom, where he found a pistol and was able to take a shot at the perpetrator.

“We are not sure if he hit the guy or not,” Jones said. “We called all the local hospitals to be on the lookout for a gunshot victim.”

While the victim said he took a shot at the guy, Jones said the victim does not remember if he shot high or low, inside or outside.

All that appears to be taken from the house was a black bag with the victim’s wallet and some prescription medication.

The couple was taken to Duncan Regional Hospital for treatment. The female victim was released on Friday evening but the male victim was transferred to a hospital in Lawton and released Sunday.

Jones said that in the 10 years he has been in Comanche, this is the first time he has had an attack of this kind. He is also welcoming any information that members of the public can provide.

“We do not have anything definite right now,” he said. “It happened in the 1000 block of S. Seventh Street. If anybody saw anyone walking around or any vehicles, we would welcome any information.”

For now, Jones and his staff will continue investigating and have contacted surrounding agencies, the district attorney and OSBI.

“We are still investigating,” he said. “We contacted OSBI to make them aware of it. They are not actively involved but they are aware of it.”