The Banner Staff
The Duncan Banner
Debbie Timms is the woman who died from smoke inhalation after being rescued by Duncan firefighters Friday, from her home at 209 E. Spruce Ave.
Duncan Deputy Fire Chief Dayton Burnside released her name today. The fire was ruled as accidental and the cause was a woodburning stove door being left open. Embers escaped causing the fire in the house. A young boy was out looking for his dog when he saw the house on fire. Neighbors and the boy tried to rescue Timms but said the smoke was too thick.
Duncan firefighters responded to the scene in less than 3 minutes after the initial 911 call, and pulled Timms from the burning structure and immediately began CPR. She was mediflighted to Oklahoma City and Burnside said Saturday they were notified early that morning that she did not survive.
No other information about Timms is available.