A recent financial bonus to Duncan Police Department from the Drug Enforcement Agency helped with the purchase of a 2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility Vehicle for $26,030 from Vance County Ford. Duncan City Council members approved the vehicle purchase at its Tuesday meeting.
The vehicle will be used as a K-9 unit and will be capable of carrying a dog and passengers.
In other business, the council approved:
- The lease of a Dell laptop for Duncan’s Dispatch Department for the use of Geogrpahical Information Systems.
- A contract for the library boiler replacement project to Cheka Group, LLC for $59,152.08.
- A bid for removal of asbestos-containing materials in two delapidated residential structures to A & M Quality Asbestos Removal company in the total amount of $12,900.
- The purchase of police ammunition from GT Distributors, Inc. for $40,972.91.
- A final plat for street right-of-way at the property tract located at the southeast corner of Elk Avenue and N. U.S. Hwy 81 to be used by CVS in the construction of their parking lot.
- A subscription renewal for the library’s software, TLC.
- A resolution to utilize the services of a consulting firm to perform the next phase of Duncan’s bridge inspections.