The Duncan Banner
Felony jury term began Monday in Stephens County District Court at the county courthouse, and six cases were set to be presented, said District Attorney Jason Hicks.
First to be heard was the case of Bruce Jones Jr., who has been charged with one count of distribution of methamphetamine. Depending on the length of Jonses’s trial will determine each following trial, Hicks said.
Those on the docket are as follows:
* Robert Andrew Zimmerman, 42, charged with shooting with intent to kill. He was arrested Sept. 17, 2012, in Comanche by Comanche Police at his home and booked on the shooting charge and assault and battery with a deadly weapon.
* David O’Brien Emeka Chukwurah, 22, of Duncan, for rape in the second degree.
He was arrested July 12, 2012, on Cherokee Road in the Empire community. He was booked on charges of rape in the second degree (child under 16 years) and possession or purchasing controlled dangerous substance within 1,000 feet of public school or in the presence of a chid under 12.
* Jennifer Nicole McCarley, 28, of Marlow, charged with felonious pointing a firearm. She was arrested July 16, 2012, by a Stephens County Sheriff’s deputy.
* George Thomas Carter III, 39, of Marlow, for domestic abuse in presence of a child. He was arrested June 18, 2012, in Marlow by a Stephens County Sheriff’s deputy.
* Jerry Doin Black, 27, is charged with distribution of CDS. He was arrested Aug. 22, 2012, in Duncan on a felony warrant, by Duncan Police.
He was booked into the county jail for a felony warrant, possession of CDS, and possession of drug paraphernalia.