- City Council approves land-code amendment The ongoing debate for a public sewage lift station in the Stagestand Creek drainage mini-basin has finally come to a close.
- Getting gas a good thing Drivers apparently didn’t mind waiting in line for hours to fill their gas tanks and jugs at three specific places after the Jan. 28 ice storm, the staff and store managers put aside their own needs to help their neighbors.
Storple invades Duncan
Reading books, baking cookies, knitting scarves — just some of the things a person can do when trapped inside during the winter months.
Oh, and don’t forget about cleaning out the clutter. It’ll help now that Storple has invaded Duncan.
- Party time Whether it be at a sports bar watch party or with a group of friends at home, nearly every person in the United States, and possibly worldwide, is exposed to this yearly sporting spectacle that is the Super Bowl.
- Time to make the pizza Thanks to a little bit of foresight and entrepeneurship, Fat Boys Pizza in Comanche was a shining beacon of hope in a blacked out city Friday night.
- Power lunch Regular coffee drinkers and diners at Daybreak Diner, Kenneth Johnson and Tom Collinsworth found themselves Monday wondering what they could do to help the linemen and workers of Duncan Power.
- Cruizer’s delivering warm food, atmosphere On a day when people are doing what they can to get by with little or no power in Duncan, Jimmy Bishop and Cruizer’s Pit Stop were offering all they had to help the citizens of Duncan stay warm and keep full.
- A little policy goes a long way in disasters With the sudden ice storm impacting the area, people may soon be noticing damage to their homes from tree branches falling onto their roofs or on fences.
- Treasures can be found downtown Shawn Lockstone knew this Christmas would be a difficult one for sales, but the attitudes of customers who come through his door have brought pleasant surprises.
Hotel taxes down
Duncan city council members heard Tuesday that the hotel/motel tax has decreased “considerably” in the last three months ...
- More Business Headlines